Saturday, May 22, 2010

A few things that caught my eye

Baby, mommy, photo and recreational related. Hope you enjoy and find something you like.

You name it!

This is a great website for finding baby names. Has a great search system and lots of info about origin, popularity, history…you name it! I got lots of ideas here for number two but that is a secret until he or she makes their arrival! http://www.babynamewizard.com/

Websurfing for what?

Stumbleupon.com is a pretty cool website if you are surfing the web but don't know what to surf for. Punch in your interests and let it do the work for you. Start here to see some interesting inventions, or here for some cool photos, or here for some amazing looking recipes.

Locket up

When I first became a mom I wanted a locket to hold my daughters sweet little face close. She loves asking me to open it to see herself. I found this amazing designer on-line. Sadly my budget doesn’t allow for most of these but they are still so pretty to look at. These would make a great gift for any mom. http://shop.fineartoffamily.com/default.asp

Book Exchange
Book worms on a budget check this out. A great “reuse” program for books. http://bookmooch.com/

What to do with all your digital photos?

I have used tinyprints before for announcements and invites but then I discovered that they also offer photo books (through mycanvas), and crafty ones at that. You can choose from a huge selection of pages with themes for any event you can think of. Or be like me and spend hours upon hours creating your own from scratch. It is like digital scrap booking. The only downfall is although the pages are printed on quality 100lb stock paper it is still not something I will let my daughter handle for a while.

Carry your baby
I was so fortunate to have one of my students give me a sling that she designed. I love it. It is functional and wearable. Without any stings or straps to tighten or clasp it is easy and simple. Complete with a pocket and a removable hook it comes in three sizes to fit you perfectly. http://www.wahloo.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment